Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hilarious happenstance

These are just some darn funny anecdotes that happen to me.

I can't stay still all day long, which is inconvenient when your profession is a student, and you have sit and read things all day everyday. This has lead me to some interesting experiences.

#1: I brought from home my Skip-It! (original 90's model complete with internal counter), so that every once in a while, I can take a study break and just "skip-it" all. One day I was Skip-it-ing in the exterior hallway of my apartment complex, showing my roommate how it's done; I start running while skip-it-ing (very pro btw) when it comes flying off my ankle, hits the wall, and breaks. It rattles, and is completely off balance. But then my friend comes by at the same time and offers to fix it. And now it's fixed - he could turn that into a viable profession - just imagine how many broken Skip-It!s there are in the world.

#2: I was doing lunges in the hallway(same place as Skip-It!) then backwards lunges. Someone in another apartment (who looks like Taylor Swift) come walking down the hallway towards me. I feel slightly embarrassed because of the peculiar location for my exercising, so I say "hey! Just taking a study break!... lunges... great exercise... I can't sit still for a long time.... just gotta move and do lunges" meanwhile, she just stares at me like I'm a freak! Why?! I have no need to justify my actions, and she has no need to silently make me feel awkward, and be unfriendly. She didn't even say 'hi'. I ran away after that and did some planks in the privacy of my room instead.

#3: I decided to do laundry, and so did my roommate. She decided to start singing "99 bottles of pop on the wall", to which I immediately corrected, "No! It's beer. Not pop on the wall". Roommate says, "but we don't drink beer" (I'm Mormon btw) and I said, "unless it's on the lips of another man" COMPLETE AND TOTAL SARCASM, I DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, HOW I THOUGHT OF THAT, I DON'T EVEN KNOW, WHY I DECIDED TO SAY THAT IS AN EVEN GREATER MYSTERY. Because I had my back against the door and was preparing to leave, as another girl came into the laundry room. She felt awkward and laughed at me. Maybe that isn't so bad, but I felt awkward because I made her feel awkward. Also, I love awkward situations like that, but it's usually way more intentional.

#4: I convinced my friend to Skip-It! while in the athletic building while we were waiting for something and there were people sitting all around us studying.


This Skip-It! has created some wonderful situations, and I am so glad I brought it. Also, I don't always do obnoxious things like this, these are exceptions, which is what makes it memorable and important enough to blog about, but I don't do it with the purpose of blogging, which I think is a great way to live life.

No comments:

Post a Comment