Education:
Your diligence in school now will
qualify you to keep President Hinckley’s counsel in the future—to get all of
the education you can. Decide
now to do your best in school and at work. Then, when opportunities knock, you
will be ready to open the door and take advantage of them.
- Robert D Hales " To the Aaronic
Priesthood: preparing for the decade of decision" April 2007
…You have an individual responsibility to seek learning
-Mary N Cook (First counselor
in the Young Women General Presidency), Seek
Learning: You Have a Work to Do
Seek learning by
studying diligently. Rarely will you be able to spend as much time dedicated to
learning as you can now.
-Mary N Cook (First counselor
in the Young Women General Presidency), Seek
Learning: You Have a Work to Do
We encourage our youth
in every country to get an education. Even if at times it seems hopeless. With
determination and faith in the Lord, you will be blessed with success. It is a
dream well worth pursuing.
-Boyd K Packer October
1992, “To Be Learned is Good If…”
Leaders of this Church
have repeatedly emphasized the importance of education. It is a vital component
of wisdom. Not long after the pioneers began construction of their temple in
Illinois, they established the University of the City of Nauvoo.
-Russell M Nelson October 1992, Where Is Wisdom?
Because of our sacred
regard for each human intellect, we consider the obtaining of an education to
be a religious responsibility. Yet opportunities and abilities differ. I
believe that in the pursuit of education, individual desire is more influential
than institution, and personal faith more forceful than faculty.
-Russell M Nelson October 1992, Where Is Wisdom?
…We are concerned with
teaching the fundaments of spiritual and secular knowledge and with bringing
those teachings into harmony in the lives of men and women in order to prepare
them for a balanced and full life of service to God and fellowman.
Dallin H Oaks, October 1971, Strive for Excellence
Rigorous standards and
high achievement in any field of learning are not at odds with faith and
devotion to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Strive for excellence, use the talents that the Lord has
given you, meet and master the learning of men.
Dallin H Oaks, October 1971, Strive for Excellence
In those days I
understood firsthand the words of an old saying: Education is not so much the
filling of a bucket as the lighting of a fire… For members of the Church,
education is not merely a good idea—it’s a commandment.
-Dieter F Uchtdorf,
October 2009, Two Principles for Any
Economy
Brethren, you have a duty to learn as much as
you can. Please encourage your families, your quorum members, everyone to learn
and become better educated. If formal education is not available, do not allow
that to prevent you from acquiring all the knowledge you can.
-Dieter F Uchtdorf,
October 2009, Two Principles for Any
Economy
I am not a natural student, nor do I have a great internal drive to succeed. But when I pray for that motivation, and exercise faith in that prayer, the motivation usually comes. We don't take any of our possessions with us into the next life, but we do take our brains, and all the knowledge we gain in life. That is why education is important.
Fulfilling Potential:
When we have a vision of what we can
become, our desire and our power to act increase enormously.
-Dallin H Oaks April 2011 Word of Wisdom
These fiery trials are
designed to make you stronger, but they have the potential to diminish or even
destroy your trust in the Son of God and to weaken your resolve to keep your
promises to Him.
-Neil L Andersen, Oct
2012 Trial of Your Faith
"We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day. Righteous character is a precious manifestation of what you are becoming. Righteous character is more valuable than any material object you own, any knowledge you have gained through study, or any goals you have attained no matter how well lauded by mankind."
-Richard G. Scott "The
Transforming Power of Faith and Character" Oct. 2010
“Great things are brought about and burdens are lightened through the efforts of many hands “anxiously engaged in a good cause” (D&C 58:27)"
- M Russell Ballard October 2012
For many, the call to be a Christian can seem demanding, even overwhelming. But we need not be afraid or feel inadequate. The Savior has promised that He will make us equal to His work. “Follow me,” He said, “and I will make you fishers of men.”As we follow Him, He blesses us with gifts, talents, and the strength to do His will, allowing us to go beyond our comfort zones and do things we’ve never before thought possible.
-Robert D Hales October 2012,
"Being a more Christian Christian"
True friends make it easier to live the gospel. They never make us choose between their ways and the Lord’s ways. They help us be the kind of person that attracts other true friends. And they help us become the kind of person a righteous companion can choose to be with forever.
- Robert D Hales To the Aaronic Priesthood:
preparing for the decade of decision" April
2007
As these examples highlight, the key characteristics associated with conversion are experiencing a mighty change in our hearts, having a disposition to do good continually, going forward in the path of duty, walking circumspectly before God, keeping the commandments, and serving with unwearied diligence.
-David A Bednar October 2012 Converted Unto the Lord
The Final Judgment is not just an evaluation of a sum total of good and evil acts—what we have done. It is an acknowledgment of the final effect of our acts and thoughts—what we have become. It is not enough for anyone just to go through the motions.
-D Todd Christofferson April 2011, As
Many as I Love, I Rebuke and Chasten
Like the intense fire
that transforms iron into steel, as we remain faithful during the fiery trial
of our faith, we are spiritually refined and
strengthened.
- Neil L. Andersen
October, 2012, Trial of Your
Faith
In all of this, God’s purpose is
that we, His children, may be able to experience ultimate joy, to be with Him
eternally, and to become even as He is.
-D Todd Christofferson April 2011, As Many as I Love, I Rebuke and Chasten
Life is about more than just throwing parties and having a great time - whatever your judgement of that may be - it is a time of growth and learning. I am not a perfect person, contrary to popular belief, but one day, a trillion days from now, I can be. God knows me better than I know myself, He knows, as I am learning more and more, that I was created for greater things than I can comprehend, that I have the capacity to achieve greater things. The more I rely on Him, the better human being I become, and the better daughter of God I become.

No comments:
Post a Comment