Monday, November 26, 2012

Funny Men

One day, I was walking to work, which path happens to pass through the cabins for the Lodge. All cabins have a small porch with bench; on one of these porches an old(er than me) man was sitting. He hollered to me as I was passing "do you work here?" to which I responded, yes I sure do! He then said "you look too young to be working here", to which I said "I turned ** last week, thank you very much!". And that was the end of our exchange.
Same day I am working in the restaurant, when I approach a table offering some water, and this man says, "hey I've seen you before, you just turned **!". This caught me off guard, and I admit to being slightly afraid, because I had no idea how he learned this information. I asked if he had come here before, to which he said no, but said he had just talked to me in his cabin.
Now it all comes together, despite the strange way he phrased the question. Things like this happen ALL THE TIME. People know weird information about me that I forget ever telling them.


I'm busing tables again. Somebody asks me to take their picture for them before they leave, which is actually very common. So I take the picture on their i-phone for them, and ask them if turned out alright. The man I return it to says "YES! That is a great picture! You are a really great photographer!" Then he kisses me on the cheek. TWICE. Then he starts telling me how his sister is from Switzerland, and his brother is from La Jolla, and he has this house in California, and I need to go there while I'm young and beautiful. The other 3 in his party were already back at the host stand, and leaving the restaurant. And then he tells me again that the picture was amazing, and how I should really go visit CA.
Thank you sir, for that recommendation, and no I do not want to see what the back of your van looks like.
He was just so enthusiastic, I can't imagine what all the other people sitting enjoying their dinner were thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment